CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER / TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER
Do you aspire to scale tech for a company changing the payments and savings landscape for user’s lifelong aspirations? Does the opportunity to work cross-functionally with a fast-moving venture-backed startup excite you? Do you want to see your effort directly impact users on a daily basis?
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will be responsible for driving features from start until deployment by balancing business needs amidst technical constraints. You also thrive in an ambiguous startup world where there is a need to anticipate road-blocks and balance priorities while still able to produce results.
Reel is a platform that empowers financial independence by enabling users to automatize savings for their aspirations- essentially unlocking “save-to-buy”. Our mission is to make aspiration accessible to all by allowing users to create saving plans for items across the web. Using Reel’s proprietary saving mechanism, users inculcate positive financial hygiene through minimal planning and guilt-free purchasing that empowers them for life, while avoiding unnecessary debt in the process. Users have saved for a slew of goals - i.e. pair of Yeezys, pre-release PS5’s, Gucci handbags, and vacations abroad - featured on the platform, across the web, or generic goals created by users. It's easy, users set their daily/ weekly saving amounts and we process their saving transactions and finally ship the item once saved in full. We’re going a step further by providing storefronts and retailers this capability for their users.
We are a startup team that thinks out of the box while being grounded in a user’s current way of doing things. We are a team that believes in constantly learning and evolving. The 4 qualities we value are: Proactivity, Resilience, Positiveness and Trust.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be the central hub for all our engineering efforts, across our customer-facing touchpoints (parner PDP’s, web-app, plugins and others in the works). Starting from the ground up, you will work closely with our external partners, SDE’s, and PM’s to own and build best in class tech in tight cycles. This includes developing and owning technical processes and timelines, understanding constraints and trade-offs, and delivering through consensus building. You will spend time planning multiple technical features while managing others that are in-flight and structure engineering effort in an optimal way to deliver business value.
This is high ownership and high visibility role and you will constantly be in touch with the leadership team in a flat, highly performant organization.
- High level of ownership by defying projects, identifying risks, coordinating scope across the board, identifying dependencies, deploying through Feature flagging and constantly communicating and coordinating development until release
- Detail orientation with the ability to pre-empt risks, dependencies and road-blocks with the enthusiasm to see them through.
- You have an engineering or technical masters degree or have displayed the ability to successfully execute in a technical org.
- Excellent oral and writing skills- we’re a doc driven org!
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, and earns trust capability with the ability to influence across the org (tech + business).
- 5+ years experience delivering large technical features in a technical program/ project management capacity
- Deep knowledge of the product lifecycle in an agile setting, preferably having worked in a startup over the past few years.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org