If you want to save for something that is not currently on the Reel site, you can now Create a Custom Reel and save for whatever you want - whether that's a Louis Vuitton bag or a down payment for a house (or anything in between!)- we're here to help you own whatever you want, debt-free.
Here's how to create a Reel for something you can't find on the site:
1. Fill out the Create a Custom Reel form with the information about what you want to save for.
2. Add as much information as possible on the form. If the item is a physical item, like a TV, include the name, price (before tax), brand, retailer, URL link, size, and color of the TV you want. If what you want to save for is not a physical item, like a downpayment towards a house, check the "Not a Physical Item" box underneath the Item name input. If the item you wish to save for does not have a URL link, just check the "Link Unavailable" box underneath the URL link input.
3. If the item is a physical item, upload a picture of the exact item you want, so our team makes sure to purchase the right item for you when you are done saving!
4. Click "Choose a Saving Strategy" and choose the amount you want to save for - either daily or weekly. The 5% service fee and sales tax (if applicable) will be added to your Reel when you set your savings strategy.
5. Once you've set your saving strategy, click Start Saving to Create the Reel. Once you've clicked "Start Saving", our team will review your Reel and make sure everything looks correct, and if approved, you will receive an email notification and the first contribution towards your item (or non-item!) will be made from your account.
6. If the item you are saving for is something that can be purchased online, once you have completed saving for the item, our team will confirm your shipping address and the item will be shipped directly to you. However, if the item is non-physical and cannot be purchased online, you will have the choice to receive a virtual card that can be added to the wallet of your smartphone or to receive the funds back to your account so you can use the funds to purchase the item.
1. We reserve the right to approve or deny any item a user wishes to save for that is not shown on our site. If your item is denied you will receive an email with the denial reason within 1 business day of submitting the Create your own Reel form.
2. The minimum value of a custom Reel is $35 before tax and the maximum value is $8,000 before tax. If you want to save for something above the $8,000 maximum, please contact our team at email@example.com .