Updated: June 14th, 2022
Our websites and services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not use our websites or online services. Any person who provides information to us through registration or in any other manner on the Site represents to Reel that they are 18 years of age or older. If we learn that a child under 18 has submitted personal information to us, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
From the first moment you interact with us, we are collecting personal information about you. Sometimes we collect personal information automatically when you interact with our services and sometimes we collect the personal information directly from you. At times, we may collect personal information about you from other sources and third parties, even before our first direct interaction.
In connection with our services you may be required to provide the following information:
- Identity Data, which includes, but is not limited to, first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth, gender, tax identification or social security number or any other government issued identification number, and any form of identification that you provide to us so that we can verify your identity.
- Contact Data, which includes, but is not limited to, billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data, which includes, but is not limited to, bank account, balance and payment card details.
- Transaction Data, which includes, but is not limited to, bank balance information, details about purchases you have made in connection with our services, payments we have made on your behalf, and cashback credits that may be due to you.
- Technical Data, which includes, but is not limited to, internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data, which includes, but is not limited to, your username and password, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data, which includes, but is not limited to, information about how you use our website and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data, which includes, but is not limited to, your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
- Other Information, which includes, but is not limited to, information you may provide, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, survey responses, participation in contests, promotions or other prospective seller marketing forms or devices, suggestions for improvements of our services or products, referrals, or otherwise communicate with us, and/or personal information you affirmatively disclose to us in connection with your interactions with us, including through your use of our services.
As is true of most digital platforms, we collect certain personal information automatically when you visit our online services, including, but not limited to:
− Technical Data and log file data, including your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, browser id, date/time of visit, and pages visited, location data, including your general geographic location based on your IP address.
− analytics data, including the electronic path you take to our services, through our services and when exiting our services, as well as your usage and activity on our services, such as the links and object you view.
We may use your personal information to:
- To provide you with our services, fulfill your requests for our products, programs, and services, to respond to your inquiries about our services, and to offer you other products, programs, or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- We may use personal information to research, analyze, and understand how users access and use our services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to help us improve our services and develop new products.
- We also use personal information to operate, maintain, test, improve (including developing new products and services), enhance, update, monitor, diagnose, fix, and improve our services.
- to correspond with you. We use personal information to provide you with customer support anytime you reach out to us with questions or issues arising from your account.
- We also use personal information to send customers technical alerts, updates, security notifications, and administrative communications.
- To personalize your experience we might use tracking technologies like cookies.
- We may use your personal information for marketing purposes to communicate with you regarding certain products, services or promotions offered by us or certain third-party products and services we believe you may be interested in, provided that you have not already opted out of receiving such communications.
- Make it easy for you to find and connect with others.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraud and security issues. We use your personal information as necessary to protect us, our customers, and our business partners, including by investigating and preventing fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to the services, and other illegal activities.
- Verify information you have provided to us or to protect against fraudulent or illegal activities, including using information to validate your address through third party databases. comply with all applicable laws and regulations. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal processes, such as to comply with applicable anti-money laundering laws, and to respond to subpoenas or requests from the respective government authorities.
- Enforce and carry out contracts and agreements between us and you.
- Assess each proposed transaction that you request through or in connection with services and to process approved transactions on your behalf, including processing merchant credits.
- Manage our relationship with you which will include asking you to leave a review or take a survey.
Disclosing of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information in the following ways:
- Merchants: we may share your personal information with merchants in order to enroll in merchant offers, process your purchase, cashback credits and/or refunds and to access and purchase services or products from merchants through or in connection with the services.
- Service providers. We share your personal information with service providers that we have engaged to perform services on our behalf, including to third parties, in connection with the services we provide to you. This includes service providers that: conduct research and analytics; create content; provide customer, technical or operational support; conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms); host the services; maintain databases; send or support online or mobile advertising; allow you to conduct transactions in connection with the services; and otherwise support or help us provide the services. Service providers also include payment processors, payment networks, external bank account information providers, providers of identity services, risk investigation and mitigation service providers, hosting, technology and communication providers, security and fraud prevention consultants, risk investigation and mitigation service providers, support and customer service vendors and product fulfillment and delivery providers. You acknowledge that such third parties will have access to your personal information on a need basis, in connection with the services rendered by us.
- Advertising and marketing partners. We share your personal information with other third parties, including advertising/analytics partners who enable the delivery of interest-based advertising to users, as well as vendors that provide specific services we do not.
Our service providers include but are not limited to:
Talon.One: We use Talon One to create, manage and track discounts, coupon codes, referrals and loyalty. By using our service, you grant Reel and Talon One the right, power, and authority to access your information. www.talon.one is Talon.One GmbH, Wiener Str. 10, 10999 Berlin, Germany (hereinafter referred to as: “Talon.One”) https://www.talon.one/terms
ZenDesk: On our website we offer you the service to get in touch with us via our chat to improve the communication with you as user.
As set out above, you can configure your browser that it rejects cookies, or you can prevent the capture of the data generated by cookies and relating to your use of our websites. You will find more detailed information on this matter in the Privacy Statement of Google Analytics.
Hotjar We use Hotjar in order to better understand our users’ needs and to optimize this service and experience. Hotjar is a technology service that helps us better understand our users’ experience (e.g. how much time they spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don’t like, etc.) and this enables us to build and maintain our service with user feedback.
Hotjar stores this information on our behalf in a pseudonymized user profile. Hotjar is contractually forbidden to sell any of the data collected on our behalf.
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
If you use a Google Account, Google may link your web and app browsing history to your Google Account and use information from your Google Account to personalize ads, depending on the settings on your Google Account. If you don't want this association with your Google Account, you'll need to sign out of Google before you can visit our website.
You can configure your browser to reject cookies, as shown above. You can also disable the "Personalized advertising" button in Google's advertising preferences. In this case, Google will only display general advertising that is not selected based on information collected about you.
Facebook Ads: For marketing purposes the Site uses so-called conversion and retargeting tags (so-called “Facebook pixels”) from the Facebook social network. We use Facebook pixels in order to analyse the general use of our websites and to trace the efficacy of Facebook advertising (“conversion”). In addition, we use the Facebook pixels to play you individualised publicity messages based on your interest in our products (“retargeting”). For this purpose Facebook processes data which the service collects via cookies and similar technologies on our websites.
If you are a Facebook member and have allowed Facebook to do so via the privacy settings of your account, Facebook may in addition link with your member account the information about your visit captured by ourselves and use it for the targeted insertion of Facebook Ads. You can view and change the privacy settings in your Facebook profile at any time.
If you deactivate this data processing by Facebook, Facebook will only display general advertisements, which are not selected on the basis of the information captured about you. You can find more detailed information in Facebook’s Data Policy.
You may correct, amend, or delete your Personally Identifiable Information by editing your profile on the Site or emailing us at email@example.com.
We are committed to protecting Personally Identifiable Information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access, and destruction. Reel takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information. We protect the security of your Personally Identifiable Information during transmission to us by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
The Site contain links to other sites. Reel is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when leaving the Site to read the privacy statements of each site that collects Personally Identifiable Information.
Session cookies: Session cookies are temporary cookies that expire and are automatically erased whenever you close your browser window. We use session cookies to grant users access to content and to enable actions they must be logged into their Reel account to perform.
Persistent cookies: Persistent cookies usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire or you manually delete them. We use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve our Services. For example, we may use a persistent cookie to associate you with your Reel account or to remember your choices for our Services. Third-party cookies: We permit certain third parties to place cookies through our Services to provide us with better insights into the use of our Services and user demographics and to advertise our Services to you. These third parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use our Services. For example, we utilize Google Analytics to analyze usage patterns for our Services. Google Analytics generates a cookie to capture information about your use of our Services, which Google uses to compile reports on website activity for us and to provide other related services. Google may use a portion of your IP address to identify its cookie, but this will not be associated with any other data held by Google. We may also permit third-party service providers to place cookies for our Services, as indicated above, to perform analytic or marketing functions where you are notified of them and you have consented to the usage. We do not control the use of such third-party cookies or the resulting information, and we are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
Our Services may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends. We are not responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any information you share publicly or with friends. Our Services may also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use third-party websites, applications, and services. Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others, as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. We also do not control the privacy practices of third parties. Please contact those sites and services directly if you want to learn about their privacy practices.